Wednesday, November 15, 2006

More gender stuff at Uni

Yep, another class, and the female teacher talking endlessly. I'll cut her some slack, she said a lot less shit I thought she was going to.

She was talking about family statistics, and mentioned some gender facts. A good example was when she mentioned that when the wife dies, men usually remarry a younger woman. She had a good grasp on the stuff (that impressed me): she said that men wanted more fertile woman and younger woman liked the fact that she was older and had more ways to provide.

When she mentioned that woman, when sexually ready, looked for older men, she was trying to search a good word, and said that women matured first. She later explained, that it was not in the sense of having more responsability, but that women, when sexually ready (puberty), search a man who had the mean$ to satisfy them, and that men their own age definitely had not this capacity yet. Oh well, that was just enough to a woman, at best 21 y.o. (that one goes to the "pure brazilian females" wishers crowd!) saying: "oh no, seems like they never mature".

The teacher replied: "I am sure you'll going to change your mind." -- I guess her, being an 40-something single woman -- realized what's going on. The young girl did not. She insisted with her "theory".

And my friends call me bitter when I say I'm not going to marry...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know the word you're searching for.

They call when women only marry up socially and/ or financially : hypergamic . It's hard wired into them.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home