Orwell rules
Today my family invited me for a barbecue at my grandparents' house. Of course I went there. I am a lover of meat! Also, I am old school. I am young but I value family, I like to celebrate with them (despite the usual trouble). There I was, eating some fine meat from Argentina, enjoying the pleasures of food, thinking how awesome my life is now that I've put it on track again after so much time.
My cousin was there too. The guy is a little bit older than I am, six months. Still, while I am single and thinking about my own stuff and celebrating how good my life is with a lot of DAMN TASTY meat, there he was. With his two sons (twins), and his wife, who is ten years OLDER than him. He is trapped: if he leaves, she gets the house and the twins. If she decides she doesn't want him anymore, same thing happens. BTW, the house is his. His father gave it to him when his GF (now wife) got "accidentally pregnant".
I'll never forget when he called me to tell he would be a father: "Man, the pills failed". I almost fell off the chair... He thought the pills FAILED!
Back to the barbecue... after some absolutely healthy amounts of cholesterol, I was celebrating my amazing life as usual... it never ends in fact. It was time for some strong brazilian coffee along with some chocolates. Damn I love that combo! My grandparents and my uncle (father of my cousin) were on the table, talking about the twins. They're 2 y.o... they run around like mad and break things.
I, thinking how good it is to be single and without children (especially being young as I am!), whispered THANK you GOD for not trapping me on something like this. They heard it. Quick as they can they started to say how I ought to change my mind, as I will have children someday.
"Will I?" -- I asked.
"Of course you will, everyone does it." -- My uncle said.
"How come you will NOT? Won't you get married?" -- My grandmother asked.
"I don't...think...so." -- I whispered again, and changed the subject.
Let's recap: the guy is young, has two children, and is trapped for the rest of his life. He couldn't go anywhere without telling his wife, who is ten years older than him and did not have ZILCH before this "marriage" (for example, a house of her own?!).
The pills fail (can't stop laughing on this one!), the guy gets trapped, two kids running around messing stuff, a father who would rather be anywhere but in his own home (and that's another LONG story) and a mother who was deadbeat on the "trap-a-sucker" lottery and was lucky enough to win. Does anyone in his right mind WANTS this, ESPECIALLY at my age?
After all that, there are my parents, saying that I ought to marry and have children some day.
"To see what's in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." (George Orwell)
My cousin was there too. The guy is a little bit older than I am, six months. Still, while I am single and thinking about my own stuff and celebrating how good my life is with a lot of DAMN TASTY meat, there he was. With his two sons (twins), and his wife, who is ten years OLDER than him. He is trapped: if he leaves, she gets the house and the twins. If she decides she doesn't want him anymore, same thing happens. BTW, the house is his. His father gave it to him when his GF (now wife) got "accidentally pregnant".
I'll never forget when he called me to tell he would be a father: "Man, the pills failed". I almost fell off the chair... He thought the pills FAILED!
Back to the barbecue... after some absolutely healthy amounts of cholesterol, I was celebrating my amazing life as usual... it never ends in fact. It was time for some strong brazilian coffee along with some chocolates. Damn I love that combo! My grandparents and my uncle (father of my cousin) were on the table, talking about the twins. They're 2 y.o... they run around like mad and break things.
I, thinking how good it is to be single and without children (especially being young as I am!), whispered THANK you GOD for not trapping me on something like this. They heard it. Quick as they can they started to say how I ought to change my mind, as I will have children someday.
"Will I?" -- I asked.
"Of course you will, everyone does it." -- My uncle said.
"How come you will NOT? Won't you get married?" -- My grandmother asked.
"I don't...think...so." -- I whispered again, and changed the subject.
Let's recap: the guy is young, has two children, and is trapped for the rest of his life. He couldn't go anywhere without telling his wife, who is ten years older than him and did not have ZILCH before this "marriage" (for example, a house of her own?!).
The pills fail (can't stop laughing on this one!), the guy gets trapped, two kids running around messing stuff, a father who would rather be anywhere but in his own home (and that's another LONG story) and a mother who was deadbeat on the "trap-a-sucker" lottery and was lucky enough to win. Does anyone in his right mind WANTS this, ESPECIALLY at my age?
After all that, there are my parents, saying that I ought to marry and have children some day.
"To see what's in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle." (George Orwell)

1 Comments:
I'm glad your seeing the light. It was only one year ago before I saw the light. I was a sucker to be had up through the age of 22. While I was hammering away at my business degree, the women were too busy screwing around with exciting bad boys and thugs.
Now I am less than two months away from graduating from college and obtaining a business degree. I too am thankful as hell they didn't trap me while they had the chance.
Now it's too late for them as I will happily let them reap what they sow. I am now a free independant man. I ain't going to trade my freedom in to be stuck with a worthless golding whore who is way past her prime.
Post a Comment
<< Home